Call to Artists! Encounters-Asian Fusion
Exhibition in the Turnbull Gallery
Semiahmoo Arts presents: Encounters-Asian Fusion in partnership with Vancouver Asian Heritage Month Society
May 4-27, 2020
Encounters is part of the ExplorASIAN festival 2020 held during Asian Heritage Month.
Semiahmoo Arts is looking for submissions by artists, whose work represent Pan-Asian culture and heritage (incl. but not limited to Middle East, Southeast Asia, Eurasia).
All artists and art forms are welcome for submission.
Two selected SAS artists will have their work showcased at the opening reception for the ExplorASIAN festival 2020 on April 25th from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon at the Fei & Milton Wong Experimental Theatre at SFU Woodwards in Vancouver.
Entry Deadline: Apr. 27, 12PM
Delivery of Art Work: May 1, 9AM-1PM
Opening Reception: May. 8, 6:30PM-8:30 PM
Show Closes: May 27
Pickup of Art Work: May 28, 9AM-1PM
Entry Fee: $10.00 per piece, maximum 3 entries.
Register online below. Payment should be paid in person or by phone at the Semiahmoo Arts office at 604-536-83333
DELIVERY OF WORK
Work must be delivered to the Semiahmoo Arts Office at 14601-20 Ave (South Surrey Recreation Center on the right)
SALE OF WORK
All sales are done through the artist.
- Artists will receive 80% of all art sales.
- Semiahmoo Arts will take the utmost care in handling the work but cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
- All pieces must be dry, wired, properly identified and ready to be either hung on the wall or displayed in a showcase.
• Semiahmoo Arts will take the utmost care in handling the work but cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
• To ensure quality and originality, work will not be accepted that is a copy of the work of others or made entirely from a kit or commercial design;
• All pieces must be dry and ready to be displayed.
• All works should be appropriately wired for hanging.
• Work is to have been completed within the last 12 months.
• For the protection of both people and work, each piece must be able to be carried easily by one person, and fit through a standard door.
• Multi panel or multi component pieces (i.e. diptychs, triptychs) will be accepted.
By entering this call, permission is given to Semiahmoo Arts to photograph accepted works for publicity and documentary purposes, including promotion of the exhibition on their websites.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Semiahmoo Arts: (604) 536-8333 or email email@example.com
Deadline for application is Monday, April 27 – 12:00 PM