Canada Summer Jobs
Community Engagement & Volunteer Coordinator
Semiahmoo Arts is looking to hire a summer community engagement and volunteer coordinator under the Canada Summer Jobs Programme.
- To recruit, interview, train and retain docent volunteers for gallery tours and operations.
- To schedule volunteers for gallery tours, school tours and special events.
- To maintain a current volunteer database and volunteer program.
- To develop and execute meaningful and relevant volunteer appreciation and/or training events.
- To work with the ED on developing and assigning tasks, roles and opportunities for volunteers as needed.
- To assist with organizing and overseeing special events.
- To provide staff presence and facilitation during gallery events (some weekend/evening work will be required – with advance notice).
- To generate revenue by securing group and school tours and special events.
- To produce exhibition catalogues, as well as provide support in designing and creating promotional material.
- To liaise with potential donors and sponsors of community events.
- To connect with similar organizations, press, and media.
- To develop and maintain the membership program.
- To expand and maintain a database of donors.
- To issue charitable tax receipts for donations and donations in kind.
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
An energetic, result-oriented professional, the Community Engagement Coordinator will possess the following minimum required qualifications:
● An interest in museums, arts & culture, history, community engagement, and education
● Work showcases attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
● Ability to balance several projects, competing demands and changing priorities. ● Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
● Ability to work independently or collaboratively as a team member in a small office.
● Experience coordinating and scheduling volunteers or staff.
● Proficiency in MS Office applications; understanding of basic social media use; familiarity with Photoshop and/or Joomla a plus, but not required.
Ongoing – please submit your application at your earliest convenience
Location: Semiahmoo Arts, 14601, 20 Ave, Surrey, BC V4A 9P5
Number of Openings: 1
Approximate Hours per Week: 30h/week for 8 weeks
Work Terms: July to Sept Pay: $15.00 per hour
To be eligible, applicants must:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
• Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations