Semiahmoo Arts Is Reopening
South Surrey, BC – Semiahmoo Arts Society is delighted to announce that the Society will be officially reopening for in-person classes starting Sept 14, 2020, after closing its doors in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be open at reduced hours for the remaining of 2020. As part of the re-opening, students will be asked to sign up via the City of Surrey’s Registration system.
As part of the reopening process and keeping with public health protocols, Semiahmoo Arts has implemented additional safety precautions to keep staff, students and instructors safe. These include the required use of non-medical face masks, physical distancing practices, the installation of alcohol-based sanitizing stations as well as daily disinfection of the arts rooms and periodic cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
For a full list of classes that we offer, visit our website HERE
After you register for a SAS class, please note the following:
- We are currently offering adult classes only.
- Building capacity is limited. Floor markers and signage have been placed to ensure social distancing and prevent congestion.
- The SAS Office is staffed Mondays 9am to noon and 3pm to 8pm, Wednesdays noon to 8pm and Fridays 9am to noon.
- The South Surrey Rec Centre is closed to the public between noon to 3pm for cleaning and Fridays from noon.
- Do not visit the Rec Centre if you are not feeling well.
- Upon arrival at the Rec Centre, you will be screened with a Wellness check by City staff. Students will need to pre-register via the City of Surrey’s registration system prior to entering the building. For more on how to register for a class visit HERE
- If you come to the building for reasons other than attending a class, you will need to let us know a day in advance with the time of your arrival. You will still have to go through the screening process at the door.
- Wear a mask or facial cover during your entire visit (a requirement).
- Follow all posted health and safety guidelines.
- Please note that we will not offer any events or rentals at this point.
Semiahmoo Arts operates inside the South Surrey Recreation Centre building. For any updates regarding opening hours and visiting procedures, please visit the City of Surrey website.
We look forward to welcoming you back at our facilities
Semiahmoo Arts Team